Join the Vibrant Public Art Movement!
At Baz-Art, we deliver projects demonstrating the social and economic impact of Public Art. To pull off these projects, we work with passionate people. Are you passionate about all things marketing? Why not share that passion with our team, who shares your vision?
Baz-Art has been selected to employ young graduate interns as part of the Presidential Employment Stimulus Pack, Work-Based Experience program coordinated by the Art Bank of South Africa.
APPLICATION TO BE FILLED BY 22nd of AUGUST: HERE
Baz-Art is a young and growing creative organisation showcasing the power of the Arts in marketing and communication. Whether clients want to create strong content, build awareness, or share their message – our team is dedicated to providing them with artistic concepts, plans, and reports for project implementation, as well as digital media and marketing campaigns.
Based in Cape Town and operating in the national and international arena as the largest public and street art platform in Africa, this emerging company builds bridges between communities, neighborhood groups, businesses, and educational systems through creating street and public art in all forms.
Baz-Art’s vision is to grow a greater consciousness and awareness around the powerful impact of public and urban art and the potential of the creative sector in Africa.
Marketing & Communication Assistant Position Summary
For this position you need a good understanding of emailing and social media platforms and how they can come together to drive a media campaign! You will join our team in this part time position as our Marketing & Communication Assistant.
Over the years, Baz-Art has developed a marketing model for content creation, distribution and monitoring, you will be responsible for following the model and implementing regular marketing campaigns from A to Z. You will play a crucial role in creating our content and using it to drive our marketing efforts, brand awareness, engage our target audience, and ultimately contribute to the company’s sales and growth. Reporting to the general manager, your creative skills, attention to detail, and passion for marketing will be essential in achieving our content marketing objectives.
Marketing & Communication Assistant Key Responsibilities
- Planning and timeline: Following the implementation process by creating and distributing marketing content
- Content Creation: Develop and produce engaging and informative content, including blog posts, articles, social media updates, email newsletters, and other marketing materials.
- Content Distribution: Ensure a consistent publishing schedule across various platforms.
- Analytics and Reporting: Track the performance of each campaign and advice on improvements.
- Collaboration and Coordination: Liaise with various internal teams, such as design, production, and management, to gather information and collaborate on content creation projects.
- Community Engagement: You will be responsible for responding to members engaging with our online platforms
Marketing & Communications Assistant Skill Set
- Can follow a content plan: We have weekly requirements for content creation and distribution that will need to be met
- Good eye for detail and produces high-quality work: You’ll be crafting the content that speaks to our audience, reflects our organisation’s values, and captivates the reader.
- Strong communication: You’ll collaborate with various teams, gathering information, and transforming it into compelling content.
- Eagerness to learn.
- Can work both independently and in a team.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Relevant studies in marketing up to an NQF 6 qualification.
- Aged between 18 & 35.
- You are a South African citizen, have permanent residence, or a study permit.
- Has strong knowledge of social media platforms and content management
- Exceptional writing skills
At Baz-Art, we celebrate the unique perspectives and contributions of every team member. We value creativity, collaboration, and respect for all individuals. Working with high-level institutions and making a difference on the ground, our team strives for ethical, professional and inclusive work.
Benefits & Compensation
- Successful candidates will receive a stipend of R5 700 per month.
- Exceptional candidates stand the chance of employment and higher compensation
- We work in a hybrid office allowing you to work from home and the office to maximize your workflow
Does this seem like you and you’re ready to get started? There is only one thing standing in your way! Please fill out our online application form HERE Applications closing date moved to 22nd of August.
APPLICATION TO BE FILLED BY 22nd AUGUST: HERE
As a Marketing and Communication Assistant, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the company’s marketing success while gaining valuable experience and knowledge in the field of content marketing!
Get ready to showcase your skills and join our team today!