Baz- Art is Offering Internships
Baz-Art are proud to support and to be a part of the Presidential Stimulus Internship Programme supported by VANSA and ArtBAnk through the Department of Sports, Arts and Culture. Come and join the Vibrant Street Art Movement.
Baz-Art is a young, growing and dynamic company serving the commercial and NGO movement clients in getting the message across to its audiences in an innovative and graphic fashion. Based in Cape Town, and operating in the national and international arena as the largest public and street art platform in Africa, this emerging company builds bridges between communities, neighbourhood groups, businesses and educational systems through creating street art in many forms.
With the growth of the organisation from its small roots in Salt River in Cape Town, it now operates in all major cities in South Africa and is now expanding its footprint to other African cities and has its eye on Europe and the Americas. This means that it now needs to engage someone with your talents and experience as a Project Manager with Sales and Marketing skills to assist them in executing and successfully completing assignments to ensure that they are done on time, within budget and to the exacting specifications of the clients.
The position is based in the Western Cape and requires part-time hours of 15-20 a week.
A diploma qualification is required to interview.
Application Deadline: 03 November 2020
Contract Duration: 4 months
Start Date: 07 December 2020
Compensation: R5 700.00
Experiences and Abilities Profile
- Experience working in public art projects or participatory projects
- Have proficiency in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and generally computer literate
- General sales experience
- General marketing experience
- Excellent telephone skills
- Self-promotional skills
- Excellent working knowledge of social media; LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram
- Excellent business communication skills- written and verbal
- Proficiency within creating business development processes
- Daily back-office and project administration skills
- Ability to work independently or within a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Conflict resolution skills
- Proactive, solution and goal-oriented
- Multi-tasking/ split discipline ability
- Own/ arranged reliable transport
- Assisting the project manager mentor in planning and project coordination
- Interaction with and managing relationships with internal and external Baz-Art stakeholders
- Coordinating of resources
- Ensuring projects meet deadlines
- Conducting project reviews
- Optimising and improving processes where necessary
- Daily business administration
- Telephonic marketing
- Online marketing and social media; LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram
- Content management
- Providing administrative and production support to project manager
- End-to-end (concept-to-completion) project completion of music art projects under the intern mentor
- Ad-hoc support to other organisational departments
- The intern will be mentored by the direct line manager
- Mentorship will be day by day with a monthly performance discussion
- Interns will also have an opportunity to work in other departments for wider experience
- A written end of internship review will be discussed with the intern
- The intern will receive a reference letter from the mentor on completion of the internship. The mentor reserves the right to determine the content of the reference letter. The reference letter will be an accurate reflection of the quality of the work performance of the intern.
- A short CV
- A motivation letter
- A copy of your ID or passport
- The contact details of 2 references
- Your contact details
Please email your application or queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by Friday 04 December 2020.
No late or incomplete applications will be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Baz-Art reserves the right not to appoint.